Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oak Hammock skies

There's a lot to see at Oak Hammock Marsh, lots of great birds, other animals, and the marshes themselves make for some neat photos.  It's not as scenic as some areas, but it's this very feature that, to me, makes it incredibly attractive.  In the city, if I see some interesting cloud formations, or a pretty sunset, chances are that I won't be able to get a good photo of it.  There will always be buildings and power lines and whatnot in my picture.  Trying to head out of town doesn't usually work - by the time you get to an area without all that skyline clutter, the sky has changed. 

I know it's not always "skyline clutter", and have seen some beautiful urban photography.  But my love is nature, and the vastness of Oak Hammock allows for great sky views. 

Most of these photos of mine include man-made structures.  But somehow, at least to my eye, it doesn't seem to be out of sync. 

(July 27, 2005)

(July 27, 2005)

(July 27, 2005)

(July 27, 2005)

(July 27, 2005)

(June, 2002)
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.