Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stillness

.
What does it mean to be calm in your heart?  I hear that sentence a lot, but it seems that people interpret it differently.  Maybe that's the point.  Oooh, how zen. 

The city doesn't suit me.  I like the convenience, but it's not always convenient.  I hate the noise.  Even in the middle of the night, road noise and street lights pervade.  To say nothing for noisy neighbors, sirens...   

I crave stillness, and have to leave town to find it. 

But I find I need it to live.


Taken at Oak Hammock Marsh, October 17, 2005.
.

4 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    I meant to comment on this earlier in the week. I love marshes, the whispering grasses, the breezes and the wide open skies. The touch of pink in the clouds here is very appealing, peaceful. Restoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mia! It's a funny thing, this picture, I took it when we were waiting for the geese to fly in - a spectacle I love, but not so quiet! So I guess it was the calm before the goose storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Nicole.

    I think the placement of the canoe in the frame is unusual and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Harold! I must be honest though, the crop was due to a rather ugly looking metal dock. :)

    ReplyDelete

.